In Duoplane you can configure the list of shipping carriers, freight carriers, and 3PL companies your vendors use to fulfill orders from your ecommerce store. This can include custom carriers with their own tracking URLs.
In this article you will learn to add or remove carriers and manage settings for custom carriers such as: tracking URL, SCAC code, package type, and company information.
Note: If you are a vendor looking to integrate shipping software such as ShipStation, Shippo, ShippingEasy, etc. you can find a guide on how to link your account here: Shipping Software Integration Guides
In this article
What is a carrier?
A carrier is the party responsible for physically delivering the contents of a purchase order from your vendor (or supplier, manufacturer, warehouse, etc.) to the customer who placed the order on your store. You're likely familiar with the most common few: UPS, US Postal Service, DHL, etc. Duoplane has many common carriers already configured to enable simply by clicking a checkbox, but also comes with the ability to add custom carriers.
Add or remove a carrier
- In your Duoplane Retailer account, navigate to Main Menu > Settings > Order Management
- At the top, where it says Shipping "Available carriers", click Edit
- From the list of parcel carriers and freight/3PL, check or uncheck carriers you'd like to add or remove
- Click Save in the upper right of the page
Return to this menu to quickly view a list of available carriers.
Add or delete a custom carrier
- In your Duoplane Retailer account, follow the steps in the previous section to locate the Edit page for carriers
- Click the Edit your custom carriers link
- Click Add a new carrier
- Fill in the name of the carrier and any other details you wish to include
- Click the Submit button
Return to the to Custom carriers list to quickly view or access all custom carriers added. To delete a custom carrier, go to it's detail page and click the red Delete button at the bottom right.
Edit custom carrier information
- In your Duoplane Retailer account, follow the steps in the previous section to locate theEdit your custom carriers page
- Click the Edit button next to the carrier you wish to add or modify information
- On the Edit page, you can add information for the custom carrier (see below)
|Name||Carrier name as it will appear in Duoplane|
|Phone||Carrier's company phone (or preferred contact)|
|Company home page or tracking form URL||Website address; for example http://www.ups.com|
Prefix of tracking URL
Completing this field allows Duoplane to create a clickable URL for tracking numbers by this carrier. It is the prefix you would just need to add any tracking number to in order to complete the link.
Leave blank if this carrier does not support tracking by URL.
Standard Carrier Alpha Code is a unique two-to-four-letter code used to identify transportation companies.
Leave blank if not known.
Select 'freight' or 'parcel'
|Shopify API carrier code||
This confirms the associated
Set up tracking links with custom carriers
When adding or editing a custom carrier, you can enter the prefix of the carrier's tracking URL to create a link to the tracking number in both the Duoplane shipment and the customer's tracking notification.
To set up the tracking link, follow the steps in the previous section to reach the custom carrier add or edit page, then add the prefix link for that company's tracking in the Prefix of tracking URL field.
For example, the link you would use for the prefix of tracking URL for DHL is
https://webtrack.dhlglobalmail.com/?trackingnumber= because that is the address needed before the tracking number itself to create the custom tracking link. This URL is specific to whoever the carrier is.