When using Duoplane to send an order to a vendor, supplier, or warehouse, you have the option to include an attachment with the order. This can be added before the order is sent, or afterward.
This article will show you how to attach a document to the PO in the vendor portal or how to append additional documents to a PO PDF.
In this article
What are the requirements for PO attachments?
PO attachments must be in PDF, JPEG, PNG, or GIF format, and must be less than 5MB in size
Attach documents to a purchase order
When attaching a document to a purchase order in Duoplane, this makes the attachment visible to your supplier through the Vendor portal. It does not send the attachment via email or add it to the purchase order PDF itself. To append a document to the purchase order PDF, please view the How to append attachments to a purchase order PDF section of this article.
- In your Duoplane Retailer account, open the purchase order you'd like to send an attachment with by locating it on your Purchase Orders page
- When the purchase order is open, click the Add attachment button near the bottom of the page under the Purchase order attachments section
- Click Upload file
Append attachments to a purchase order PDF
Duoplane can include the attachment with the purchase order PDF that is sent to your vendor via email or downloadable file. This setting can be toggled on or off at a vendor level or global level:
- In your Duoplane Retailer account, navigate to Vendors > Vendor Directory and select the vendor you wish to change this PO preference for
- On the vendor's settings page, go to the section labeled Purchase order preferences and click Edit
- Important: under the Purchase order delivery section make sure Delivery method is set to Email
- Under the Purchase order files section, toggle Include attachments to Yes
- Click Save
- In your Duoplane Retailer account, go to Settings > Order Processing
- Under the Purchase order options section, toggle Append PO attachments to ON
- Click Save