When Duoplane imports your sales orders and automatically creates purchase orders, it assigns those purchase orders to vendors based on rules that you have configured.
There are times, however, when you will need to override the automatic purchase order assignment and to re-assign all or part of a purchase order to a different supplier.
Note that if you re-assign items that were on a purchase order that had already been sent to the previous vendor, you will need to separately inform the previous vendor that the purchase order is no longer active for them. They will not receive an automated notice.
Change the vendor on an existing purchase order
Use this process if you would like to re-assign all of the item on an existing purchase order to a new vendor. Note that this keeps the same purchase order number.
- Search for and display the record for the purchase order whose vendor you want to change.
- Under the Purchase Order Actions heading, click Change vendor.
- Select the new vendor for the entire purchase order.
- Click the Change vendor button.
Assign part of a purchase order to a new vendor
Use this process if you would like to re-assign only some of the items on an existing purchase order to a new vendor. Note that this creates a new purchase order number.
- Search for and display the record for the sales order containing the items you would like to reassign to a new purchase order.
- Click the Reassign items to new PO link under the Order Actions heading.
- Select the vendor for the new purchase order and select which items should be assigned to it.