If you are vendor who uses Shippo, you can connect your account directly to Duoplane to automatically retrieve new orders, mark shipped orders as fulfilled, and import tracking in Duoplane.
To do that, you will need to generate an API token in Shippo, then head to Duoplane to enter the token information and complete the connection.
This article will show you how to generate an API token in Shippo and validate the connection in Duoplane.
Important: Only orders sent after the integration is set up will be transmitted to Shippo. If older orders need to be sent to Shippo, your retail partner will need to resend them via Duoplane.
In this article
What is Shippo?
Shippo is a web-based software which helps retailers process, fulfill, and ship orders from their e-commerce store. It combines order processing, production of shipping labels, and customer communication in an interface that integrates directly with major carriers and online platforms.
Shippo is one of many similar web-based shipping software services that integrates with Duoplane.
Generate an API token in Shippo
- In your Shippo account, go to Settings > API
- In the "Tokens" section, click "Generate Token" under "Live Tokens"
- Save the generated token somewhere or leave this screen open; the token will be needed to add to Duoplane in the next step
Validate Shippo's connection in Duoplane
Important: The API connection should be made on a Duoplane vendor account. If you are a retailer configuring this on behalf of your vendor, please be sure to follow the next steps on the vendor's account.
- In your Duoplane Vendor account, go to this URL: https://app.duoplane.com/vendor_integrations/shippo
- Click "Create connection"
- Paste the API token that was generated in Shippo in the "API Token" field and press the Save button