Duoplane connects to BigCommerce via BigCommerce's Store API integration. To connect BigCommerce to Duoplane, you will first create an API user in BigCommerce and then provide Duoplane with that API user's credentials.
IMPORTANT: As a first step before adding any new store connection, we recommend checking the setting enabling unique product SKUs.
By going to Main Menu > Settings >Products & Inventory, change the "Product SKUs are unique" setting to "Yes" to link products from the new store to existing products of the same SKU currently in Duoplane.
If this is set to "No", Duoplane will treat every product from the new store as a new product and not link it to existing products, which may cause unintended duplicates.
Create a BigCommerce API user
The first step is to create a BigCommerce API user with access to your store data. To do that, please see this page:
The type of API account that you will create is a "V2/V3 API token".
When creating the API Account, you will be asked to specify Oauth Scopes. Oauth Scopes are the resources that Duoplane will have permission to read or modify. Please set the Oauth Scopes as follows:
- Customers = read-only
- Information & Settings = read-only
- Orders = modify
- Order Transactions = modify
- Products = modify
The remaining scopes can be left as "none".
After you save the new API user, please be sure to store the credentials that are presented to you by BigCommerce. You will need to enter them into Duoplane in the next step.
Add the BigCommerce store to Duoplane
- Login to your Duoplane account
- In Settings > Ecommerce Stores, select New Store.
- Select BigCommerce from the dropdown.
- Give your store a nickname in the Store Name field. This is for internal use only and is mostly relevant if you manage multiple ecommerce channels in Duoplane.
- Type or paste the URL for your BigCommerce admin in the Admin URL field. For standard BigCommerce setups, this is usually the URL of your store. It also could look like: storename.mybigcommerce.com
- In the API access section, complete the fields as follows:
- API path: This was provided by BigCommerce when you set up the API user.
- Access token: The Access Token for the BigCommerce API user that was created earlier.
Map your BigCommerce product attributes to Duoplane's
- In the Product attribute mappings section of your store setup page in Duoplane, map your BigCommerce product attributes to the corresponding Duoplane fields.
Map as many attributes as you can, but the the most important fields for order processing are:
- Vendor name code
- Vendor SKU
- Note that Duoplane can accept both standard BigCommerce attributes as well as custom fields that you have defined in BigCommerce.
- Standard attributes are those available via the Bigcommerce product API. The value to enter into Duoplane is the product property as defined in the API documentation. (For example, enter "bin_picking_number" for BIN picking number.)
- If specifying a custom field, please use the format: custom_fields:[custom field name]. (For example, enter "custom_fields:Supplier" if the vendor name is in the custom field 'Supplier').
- Once the mappings are complete, enable syncing by turning the following fields to "On":
- Import orders? (Order management section)
- Import products? (Products and inventory section)