Duoplane connects to BigCommerce via BigCommerce's Private app integration. To connect BigCommerce to Duoplane, you will first create an API user forBigCommerce and then provide Duoplane with that API user's credentials.
Create a BigCommerce API user
The first step is to create a BigCommerce API user with access to your store data. To do that, please see this page:
Follow the instructions under the heading "Obtaining an API token".
Add the BigCommerce store to Duoplane
- Login to your Duoplane account
- In Settings > Ecommerce Stores, select New Store.
- Select BigCommerce from the dropdown.
- Give your store a nickname in the Store Name field. This is for internal use only and is mostly relevant if you manage multiple ecommerce channels in Duoplane.
- Type or paste the URL for your BigCommerce admin in the Admin URL field. For standard BigCommerce setups, this is usually the URL of your store. It also could look like: storename.mybigcommerce.com
- In the API access section, complete the fields as follows:
- API URL: This was provided by BigCommerce when you set up the API user. It is the part of the "API Path" before "/api/v2/". For standard BigCommerce setups, this is usually the URL of your store.
- API login: The Username for the BigCommerce API user that was created earlier.
- API password: The API Token for the BigCommerce API user that was created earlier.
Map your BigCommerce product attributes to Duoplane's
- In the Product attribute mappings section of your store setup page in Duoplane, map your BigCommerce product attributes to the corresponding Duoplane fields.
Map as many attributes as you can, but the the most important fields for order processing are:
- Vendor name code
- Vendor SKU
- Note that Duoplane can accept both standard BigCommerce attributes as well as custom fields that you have defined in BigCommerce.
- Standard attributes are those available via the Bigcommerce product API. The value to enter into Duoplane is the product property as defined in the API documentation. (For example, enter "bin_picking_number" for BIN picking number.)
- If specifying a custom field, please use the format: custom_fields:[custom field name]. (For example, enter "custom_fields:Supplier" if the vendor name is in the custom field 'Supplier').
- Once the mappings are complete, enable syncing by turning the following fields to "On":
- Import orders? (Order management section)
- Import products? (Products and inventory section)